AWS Engineer - Expired
|Job Title||AWS Engineer|
|Salary||€450 - €550 per day|
|Location||Dublin North, Dublin|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
Exciting new opportunity to join an international organisation. This company develop their own technology, processes and methodology, rolling them out on to client sites around the world. With a presence in over 100 countries the company continuously strive to develop leading edge technology and systems for their clients.
The role purpose of Digital Engineer is to provide and support stable, agile, and world class production and development environments for our web and mobile platform.
The role holder performs the role of technical expert for the IT infrastructure and will maintain technical currency and excellent performance in the environment.
This is a highly technical role requiring very strong understanding of the technology and a willingness to exploit future developments and their potential use in the company environment.
The role will be working in a Dev Ops environment (both traditional and cloud based) delivering agile, continuous promotions and enhanced functionality. Ideally the candidate will have come from a Web / Online / Internet based background. The role requires a self motivated, delivery focused, and enthusiastic individual who can work in a 24 X 7 X 365 environment.
- Deliver a stable platform to support the operational business processes.
- Provide high grade Technical support for Production, Test and Development environments.
- Identify, evaluate and implement technical opportunities to move the Xyz business forward.
- Analyse performance of the current service and propose and recommend the incremental upgrade of current systems.
- Interpret business requirements from a wider perspective and recommend/propose the most appropriate technical solutions in line with industry advances
Knowledge and Expertise:
- IT Degree or equivalent with 5 + years experience
- AWS Cloud (EC2, VPC, RDS, Autoscaling, Load Balancing, High Availability, Storage/CDN), JBoss, Apache, Tomcat, Ruby, Oracle.
- UNIX / Linux system support and administration
- Scripting - Shell, Perl , Ruby , etc.
- Automation : Puppet (or similar)
- Scaling - load balancing
- VMWare - ESXi 5.x .
- Websphere application server ND , Jython , ODM , WSRR ,MQ Broker
- Design, configuration, support and maintenance of environment infrastructure
- Research, product comparison and recommendation of hardware and software to support ongoing business requirements and future developments.
- Leading technical projects or working closely with multi-skilled teams in AGILE Framework.
- Be responsible for technical areas of IT Vendor Management processes.
- Participate in quality and technical reviews.
- Plan and manage your time effectively with respect to your assigned responsibilities
The position offers a daily rate of €450-550k per day.
For further details on this and other roles email CV to Gary Caffrey Lead Technical Recruiter in Principle
Gary Caffrey | email@example.com | 6035071