Development Manager Functional Programming - Expired
|Job Title||Development Manager Functional Programming|
|Salary||€0.00 per annum + Highly competitive package|
|Location||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Job Advertised||almost 2 years ago|
Development Manager Functional Programming
New opportunity for a software development manager to join a global technology based company who develop innovative and leading edge applications used by millions of healthcare users in the US and around the globe. This is a newly appointed role and will involve building out a development team.
Operating within an agile scrum environment using the SAFe framework the team are developing new web and mobile applications through Clojure.
The main focus of the role is to ensure best development principles and practices are adhered to, in addition you will work closely with the Senior leadership team in Dublin and the US to review current technologies and recommend the use of new technologies.
An overview of your responsibilities will include
- Manage existing team of developers and develop the team further, total team of developers will be 16.
- Responsible for the management, training and development of the team. You will act as a leader, mentor and facilitator for the team.
- Review existing development practices and ensure best development practice and principles are adhered to.
- Although this is not a hands on development role you will get involved in development from time to time to review code and resolve escalated issues.
Experience and skills required
- Strong background in software development within an agile environment
- Experience managing software development teams.
- Knowledge / experience with functional programming such as Clojure, Scala, Erlang, Python, Haskell, Lisp,
- Strong scripting skills (e.g., shell, Perl, Python)
- Experience developing scalable, high performance systems
- Advocate of best practice with a passion for technology
The role offers a highly competitive salary that will reflect your level of experience.
For further details on this Development Manager role email CV in confidence to Audrey Hughes in Principle HR or call direct line 01 603 5072.