Software Development Manager - Expired
|Job Title||Software Development Manager|
|Salary||€90000 - €120000 per annum + Bonus + benefits|
|Location||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Job Advertised||about 4 years ago|
Software Development Manager - US Start Up
Principle on behalf of our client an established US service provider are seeking a Software Development Manager to join their newly established Dublin operation and build and manage a team of developers and QA (12-14) who are building the next generation of software products.
Working in a results driven Agile environment, the team designs, develops, and maintains web and mobile applications.
Reporting to the US based Director of Software Development, this position requires technical skills and knowledge in conjunction with strong management and planning abilities.
A successful candidate should have the aptitude to drive technical, architectural, and functional discussions and challenge engineers to design and build elegant solutions for complex business problems.
Overview of your responsibilities
- Responsible for day-to-day activities of the development team
- Oversee all phases of the software development lifecycle with emphasis on quality, performance, design and best practices
- Maintain resource allocations for the group, coordinate engineering estimates
- Coordinate schedules with Product Management
- Review functional specifications; provide feedback to the Product Management team
- Provide ongoing engineering support for clients
- Review code and test cases, providing feedback to developers
- Establish individual goals and development plans for direct reports and conduct performance reviews
- Provide training and mentoring for software developers and testers
- Lead and/or participate in recruiting and hiring
Background experience and skills set
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline, MS preferred
- Solid computer science foundation including 8+ years of progressive experience in a technical software engineering role, and 3- 4 years of experience managing teams of size 5 or larger
- Experience in hands-on, in-depth analysis, review and design of software, including technical review and analysis of source code
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving solutions
- Effective project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of relational databases, web services, and software testing
Competitive salary in the region of 90-120K and benefits offered along with autonomy, career progression and opportunity to work within a highly dynamic and progressive technical environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration or call Audrey for further information.
Audrey Hughes| firstname.lastname@example.org | 016035072