Technology Evaluation Engineer - Expired
|Job Title||Technology Evaluation Engineer|
|Salary||Competitive salary + benefits|
|Location||Dublin City Centre, Dublin|
|Job Advertised||about 2 years ago|
Technology Assessment Engineer
Leading innovation firm are seeking to appoint a Senior Engineer to work out of their Dublin office.
The company is expanding its operations across EMEA. As a senior Engineer you will assist the Director of Engineering to drive technical assessments across a broad variety of technologies and markets such as Telco, Software, Semi-Conductor, Consumer Electronics, and E-commerce in collaboration with many cross functional teams.
- Evaluate patents, technologies, and markets across a number of industry sectors such as Telco, Software, Electronics, and report to business leaders on the engineering strength of the technologies.
- Identifying and assembling patents into focused portfolios for potential spinouts and licensing programs across a multitude of industry sectors
- Assist in the creation of business plans using those portfolios
- Reverse engineering
- Identification, valuation and purchase recommendations of multi-million euro patent portfolios.
- Preparing claim charts, technical road-maps
- Work across multi function engineering teams in Ireland and the US
- Engage with offshore engineering teams
Key Qualification and Background Experience
- Domain expertise in one or more of the following technology areas, such as Telco, software, semi conductor, systems engineering, consumer electronics, e-commerce,
- Background experience in the transfer of technology, assessment of patents/intellectual property for development or acquisition or a strong interest in working within Intellectual Property.
- Technical background with ability to quickly learn and assimilate the companys current technologies as well as new emerging technologies
- Previous experience with reverse engineering
- A strong collaborative engineer who can communicate effectively, and knows how to get things done through formal and informal channels
- Bachelors degree in a technology / engineering related discipline, MBA preferred
- Passion for technology and innovation.
The role offers an attractive remuneration package
The organisation offers a dynamic work environment that thrives on creativity, adaptability, passion, and team work.
For a confidential discussion on this opportunity with our client contact Audrey Hughes Director Principle, in the strictest of confidence on direct line 00353 1 603 5072 or email